Location: Greater New Haven
Job Description / Profile of the Senior Underwriter:
- Review applications for workers’ compensation and other lines of business. Ensure that that required information is present and complete. Apply and explain all experience rating/modification factors, payroll classifications, audit and claim processes as necessary. Provide technical advice and guidance to clients in the selection of coverage levels: follow through as necessary to ensure prompt and accurate closure of transaction.
- Underwrite individual risks using thorough risk analysis, evaluation of exposures, and application of coverage rules. Review and evaluate loss history and related information to determine if the risk is acceptable and, if so, the premium needed.
- Develop in-depth business relationships with brokers and customer service reps to aid in the underwriting process of both new and renewal risks.
- Prospect or solicit new business through broker relationships and other applicable lead sources. Identify opportunities for growing new business.
- Service existing business throughout the year, planning out work cycle in advance to efficiently handle busy renewal cycles.
- Monitor accounts for compliance with important loss control recommendations notifying appropriate parties when compliance problems are identified.
- Calculate experience modification factors using loss runs, NCCI data, and available software programs.
- Develop policy form revisions and design policy endorsements when required.
- Provide strong, decisive underwriting leadership on large accounts with supporting documentation. Recommend alternative types of policy structure where appropriate.
If you are interested, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact our office at 203-562-0511.